Current:Home > NewsTeen Mom's Catelynn Lowell Slams Claims She Chose Husband Tyler Baltierra Over Daughter Carly -Capitatum
Teen Mom's Catelynn Lowell Slams Claims She Chose Husband Tyler Baltierra Over Daughter Carly
Benjamin Ashford View
Date:2025-04-06 12:09:31
Catelynn Lowell is not letting the critics have the final say.
Days after the Teen Mom star shared that she and husband Tyler Baltierra had been blocked from communicating with their biological daughter Carly by the 15-year-old's adopted parents, Brandon Davis and Teresa Davis, Catelynn is responding to claims that Tyler forced her to give their child up for adoption in 2009.
"I'm seeing the comment a lot that people are saying that Tyler gave me an ultimatum," Catelynn began in a Sept. 19 Instagram video, "either my baby or him. First off, that comment is absolutely disgusting on so many levels."
The way the 16 and Pregnant alum sees it, when people say something like that, "it strips me of all of the strength and sorrow that it took me as a birth mom to place my child."
Catelynn doubled down on how false the accusations are. "If you think that I would just give my baby away for a man, that is absolutely untrue," she noted, "and to think that I would still be with said man after all of these years, if he did give me an ultimatum with either my baby or him, that's absolutely disgusting."
According to the 32-year-old, both she and Tyler, also 32, did want to keep Carly, but they knew adoption was the better choice for them, which echoes a sentiment Tyler had previously expressed.
"I know that there was a scene that was filmed that Tyler said that he thought that if we would have parented Carly, that we would not be together," she continued. "He's not implying that if I didn't place Carly, he would have broke up with me."
As the Catelynn explains, Tyler's comment had more to do with the fact that teen parents "typically do not stay together," noting that a majority parents on their show who kept their children are now broken up, while she and Tyler have been married since 2015 and share daughters Novalee, 9, Vaeda, 5, and Rya, 2.
"Teen parents go through stress and all of the things to raise a baby," she said. "So I agree with him. If we would have kept Carly, we probably wouldn't still be together."
And ultimately, she and Tyler are thankful for the choice they made because it gave them the life they have now.
"I guess at the end of the day, believe what you want," Catelynn said in conclusion, "but just know when you think things like that, it strips me of all of my strength as a birth mom and the strength of Tyler also being a birth dad. It's disgusting that any of you guys would think like that."
Over the past few days, the MTV star has not held back about sharing her frustration regarding the situation with Carly, especially because feels it's unfair to Carly and her siblings.
She also believes she was initially blocked because Carly's parents felt scared or threatened when the teen was asking "questions about why we don't get together anymore."
"When you're a bio mom you have no say... no control," Catelynn wrote on Instagram Sept. 9. "All I can do is show Carly in the future how much I tried and continue to do so... she can make the decision herself to understand who shut who out."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (6)
Related
- Former Syrian official arrested in California who oversaw prison charged with torture
- Videos show NASCAR stars Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Kyle Busch — and their crews — getting into fight at All-Star Race
- Eminem's Daughter Hailie Jade Marries Evan McClintock With Her Dad By Her Side
- 11 injured in shooting in Savannah, Georgia
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- Genesis to pay $2 billion to victims of alleged cryptocurrency fraud
- Flight attendant pleads not guilty to attempting to record teen girl in airplane bathroom
- Ricky Stenhouse could face suspension after throwing punch at Kyle Busch after All-Star Race
- Jamie Foxx reps say actor was hit in face by a glass at birthday dinner, needed stitches
- Rep. Elise Stefanik rebukes Biden and praises Trump in address to Israeli parliament
Ranking
- 'Kraven the Hunter' spoilers! Let's dig into that twisty ending, supervillain reveal
- All-you-can-eat boneless wings, fries for $20: Buffalo Wild Wings deal runs on Mondays, Wednesdays
- Bachelor Nation's Ryan Sutter Clarifies He and Wife Trista Are Great After Cryptic Messages
- Score 50% Off Banana Republic, 50% Off Old Navy, 50% Off Pottery Barn, 50% Off MAC Cosmetics & More Deals
- A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
- Red Lobster seeks bankruptcy protection days after closing dozens of restaurants
- Ricky Stenhouse could face suspension after throwing punch at Kyle Busch after All-Star Race
- 4 killed in Georgia wreck after van plows through median into oncoming traffic
Recommendation
The company planning a successor to Concorde makes its first supersonic test
Supreme Court declines to hear challenge to Maryland ban on rifles known as assault weapons
Man who kidnapped wife, buried her alive gets life sentence in Arizona
Shooting injures 2 at Missouri high school graduation ceremony
A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
California congressman urges closer consultation with tribes on offshore wind
From Taylor Swift concerts to Hollywood film shoots, economic claims deserve skepticism
Book It to the Beach With These Page Turning Summer Reads